More on Bingi-Ras
He started his radio carreer in 2005 at Univen Radio, Khanari has worked as a newsreader, presenter of Current Matters, Head of Production and Presenter of Reggae Beat. He cut his teeth in writing as a contributing scribe for Nendila, Rise and Shine, the Valley Messenger and the Thulamela Municipality’s in-house newsletter.
In 2008 he joined the SABC as a Presenter for SABC Education’s Educator Development and Learner Support. In 2012 Bingi Ras was roped in as a content Producer for Tshiko Mid Day Talk, working with Rotenda as her Producer.
“We tackle provocatively, anything that matters the most to the life of a Johny in the street and to a Zuma at the Union Buildings - from Politics to Economics, Labour, Sports, Education and social life”; He said.
He is a proud father and very much taken by a very special Goddess of a lady.
- My CLOTHING style: Defining his dress code Bingi Ras says; “Casual wear is my style. Lables matter less to me, I wear anything that covers my body but still suits me well.”
- My type of MUSIC: I eat, drink, sleep and wear Reggae Music – All the way.
- My type of FOOD: A vegitarian in me eats Vhuswa, miroho midala and all types of fish.
- My type of SPORT: A great soccer fan and have a favourite team in almost every major league in the world.
- My type of CAR: Mmmmmmmhhh…..
- What I READ: Like Prof. Eskia Mphahlele I “Read, read, read and read until it hurts”. Writing by African literary giants are my favourite reads. Ngugi Wa Thiongo’s The River Between is my best novel.